Sunday, May 13, 2012

Did I miss it?

So it's prom time again down here in PA. I just realized it and I realized I was here last year at this time with my (now ex) boyfriend. It was my first and only prom and it was with the person I thought I was gonna marry someday. It's cute to look back on your past loves and remember everything you shared with them. Even though I was only 17 I still felt like he was The One.
(People don't understand that even though we maybe young when we fall in love every feeling we have is real. Don't put down love because it happens to us when we're young. That annoys me.)
But when me and The One broke up it looked like the world opened up to me and I was full of the excitement of being single again. Now at prom time it feels like the world has fallen in on top of me.
My parents (with my best interest in mind, I guess) have informed me I'm not allowed to date and to me that was a death sentence. I struggle to keep all my feelings in check and under control. And I wonder... Did I make a mistake? Would I be this lonely if I had stayed with any of my past boyfriends. I was in love and I'm not allowed to fall in love now. Did I miss my chance at happiness? Did I lose something worth fighting for?
My boyfriends have new girlfriends and I'm happy to inform you all that they are in love and happy again! :) that's all I ever wanted for them. But where did I fall off the wagon? Why can't I be happy?
Yes, I know God is there for me. And I find peace in His love. Love no one on earth could ever provide for me! But God doesn't give hugs and kisses and give you flowers and have tickle fights with you. Why do I feel like I'm missing something when I have God? Because God made me to want to drown someone in love and get that love in return. I'm in love with my Father, my God; my King. But I want to be in love with a boy. Is that so wrong?

No comments:

Post a Comment